Monday, January 27, 2014

Another Successful wInterkingdom/Round Table!

Shout out to Master Caelin who brings his camera and keen eye for "the moment." Most of the good pictures I have of me at events are from his photo roll - partly because I fairly-consciously duck cameras.

Here's my favorite of me from wInterkingdom: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rthrelkeld/12160996206/in/set-72157640194548154

I particularly like this one of Mistress Elisaveta (OP):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rthrelkeld/12161379544/in/set-72157640194548154

I heartily approve of selfies from the person who is making photographic magic happen:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rthrelkeld/12161209043/in/set-72157640194548154

Lillias got her Star of Merit!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rthrelkeld/12161961656/in/set-72157640194548154

Onto my news:

I'm officially the Emergency Replacement (Drop-Dead) deputy for the Ansteorran Kingdom Exchequer!

I ran the Exchequer/Treasurer/Reeve classes, and it went as well as my last work Winter Meeting, which is to say, at both events:
  • I rolled good Diplomacy modifiers when answering sensitive questions
  • I kept the room laughing and paying attention and asking good questions
  • I used most of my time - ie, didn't go over and didn't go ridiculously under
  • I have ideas for how to make the next rounds go even better, but I did do my prepwork in both cases
  • I got all the work done that I'd gone in needing to do - both formal and informal
  • I caught dinner in a new-to-me place with familiar-to-me people
The less-good for both meetings:
  • I did stick my foot in my mouth kinda badly (not actually-detrimentally, just obnoxiously) at one point. (just one!)
  • I didn't stay for the party: Guitar Jam session at WM; Feast/Court at WK
That's it. Net win. My motivation for posting this here, publically, forevers, is a reminder to myself of a few things:
  • Picking battles is the right thing to do - both for getting work done and for catching dinner with awesome friends.
  • A net win is a win!
  • My heart will go on. I'll find new projects, and the world keeps turning. (and it's Monday again)

No comments:

Post a Comment